Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Interesting Places: Day of the Otyugh

This is my final take on the Otyugh Trough.


I like this version the best. I've totally lost the contemporary "over-Photoshopped" look, accentuated the hand drawn nature, and simplified visual interpretation. The muck is easy to see, there are no grid lines where you don't need them, etc. At this point I am done with this subject, but I will continue to experiment with this style.

The Fine Print: I am sharing this map under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. If you follow that link you will be able to read about the conditions that apply to this work. In a nutshell: (a) you can't use it commercially, (b) you must attribute it to me, and (c) you must share any derivative works that you create.

4 comments:

N. Wright said...

I like it. Sewer maps are pretty cool overall, especially if they're not just the "hey go kill some rats in the sewer" quest. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you.

Sakusammakko said...

I would agree that I like this version the best. I appreciate that it's not completely quadratic or standard passageway widths, etc.

PatrickW said...

This works well for me (and it IS all about me ;-) ).

The grey fill provides a good neutral background, allowing one to clearly see where the tunnels area and the semi-transparent fill for the muck makes it immediately clear where there are ledges and where it's time for boots. A good balance of art and utility.

Now I REALLY need to find a good place to put this in one of my current campaigns.

Justin S. Davis said...

You can never have too many otyughs.

Great map.