Thursday, July 22, 2010

LotFP Weird Fantasy RPG pics posted on Dragonsfoot

Jim Raggi mailed out comp copies of his new RPG earlier this week and they have begun to land. A gamer in Scotland received a copy and posted a number of pictures in a thread on Dragonsfoot. Of all the pictures posted, my favorite is of the wilderness map I drew:


This map is from the Weird New World module included in the boxed set. At 24 miles to the hex, it covers quite an area.

It literally took days to draw and color this map. There were two back-to-back all-nighters involved because of the scope of the work and the inflexible deadline. Afterward, my right hand ached for several days. Nevertheless, I'm quite pleased with how this map turned out. It is big, detailed, and vibrant.

Update: Additional pictures of my maps for Weird Fantasy Role-Playing can be seen here and here.

6 comments:

Daen Ral Worldbuilder said...

It looks awesome. Great work.

Geoffrey said...

That map does indeed stir the imagination. Well done!

zhu bajiee said...

I have to agree, the map is the most inspiring piece of art from the whole set - well done sir!

Brutorz Bill said...

Awesome Map!

PatrickW said...

That map has some awesome-ly messed up terrain! I love it, particularly the squiggly part of that big island on the left.

Well done, sir!

Kevin Mayle said...

It looks great!
We worked on the same book, but I'm much happier with my 8 interiors, than my cover.