Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ziqquratu Ziyaret: A Cross-Section

Copyright © 2010, Ramsey Dow. All Rights Reserved.

Today, I present a partial cross-section of Ziqquratu Ziyaret. This map depicts the long and arduous route to the Treacherous Heart and the Vaults of Cryptic Gloom. Therein lies Ruined Shibolaanth, the dead city of the therapsidians. Woe be to those who venture to this accursed place.


Please note that this map is exceptionally incomplete. Not depicted are virtually miles upon miles of unlit passages, broad halls, and cavernous vaults. One could spend a lifetime exploring the labyrinthine ways of Ziqquratu Ziyaret. Alas, it would most likely be a short lifetime, for the fauna of this place are particularly unwholesome.

9 comments:

Daddy Grognard said...

That's it...I'm giving up ziggurats for the sake of my health!

G. Benedicto said...

Gorgeous!

ze bulette said...

Wow, that is very pretty. Hey, is that the Mac Snow Leopard wallpaper back there? :)

Yesmar said...

@ze bulette: Actually, it's not. It's the aurora borealis. I'm a sucker for the northern lights.

Blair said...

In my childhood I lived where you could see the northern lights at night...I kinda wish I had been into psychedelics back then...

BLACK ZIGGURATS!

Dave said...

"Vaults of Cryptic Gloom"?

Dow, you are a pop artist. You're the Warhol of dungeon cross-sections.

I love this in ways I cannot begin to say.

Yesmar said...

@Dave: Thank you very much!

Blair said...

I was just looking at the cross-section again and Celtic Frost started playing in my head...

Yesmar said...

@Blair: Into... Vaults of Gloom! (regrets to Into the Crypts of Rays)