The Moldy Halls are ancient, lost deep within some labyrinthine delve, far beneath the sunlit world. Their original purpose is unknown. Today they form the home to a vast colony of purple mold. How this mold came to be is unknown. It covers everything in the areas where it has taken hold, growing over stone, debris, and refuse alike. The nature of this unusual colony of mold is left to the discerning dungeon master. Some points of interest:
- There is a teleporter in an alcove in the room just north of the map compass. Where does this lead to?
- There is a statue in the large, oddly-shaped chamber that is free of mold. Why? Is there something magical going on here?
- The pools in the same chamber are choked with floating chunks of mold. They are clearly unsafe to drink or otherwise frolic in.
- The spiral stairs leading to a lower level are choked with purple mold. How much of the lower expanse has been colonized by this mold?
- Why are some corridors and rooms lined—but not choked—with mold? What force is keeping the colony at bay? Alternatively, was it destroyed in the past and only now beginning to reclaim the lost area?
- Is there anything unusual about that spring on the eastern side of the map?
- Where does that secret passage in the southwest corner of the map lead to?