Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Belated New Year...

The new year is upon us, and none too soon, I say! The year end has been hectic around here and I'm glad to see it go. I'm looking forward to meeting 2010 head on. I've got a bunch of goals that I would like to to see through to completion.

First, I want to grow this blog. It's new and I've been slow at making posts. I'm looking to pick up the pace in 2010 with some new series, especially a couple involving new maps that I've been working on. I'm excited about the possibilities...

I've been doing a lot of reading lately, but I want to do more. I'm setting a personal goal of reading 100 books in 2010. Although I don't have a list compiled as yet, I do know that A.E. Van Vogt, Cormac McCarthy, Gene Wolfe, and Robert E. Howard figure prominently in this pile.

Going hand in hand with more reading is more writing. I've got a number of projects in development at the moment. I'm going to complete them and get them out into the world in 2010. The first one is slated for play test later this month.

Speaking of play testing, I would be remiss if I didn't mention my D&D campaign. The World of Yezmyr, just shy of a year old, has been limping along sadly for the past couple of months due to other projects taking priority. So it gives me great pleasure to bring it fully back into the fold...



The crew's got some play testing on the horizon. I can't wait to see how it goes!

And speaking of playing, I'd like to actually do some! I don't get a chance to play all that often. Usually when I do, it's a pick up game at some nameless con somewhere—and I don't manage to get out to cons all that often. So imagine my surprise at getting an invite to the table at Planet Algol. Very cool! I'll definitely be making the drive up to Vancouver in the future.

So here's to 2010!

2 comments:

Lord of the Green Dragons said...

Good luck with all your projects, Ramsey, and a HNY to you and Zarina. See you in March. :)

Yesmar said...

Thanks, Rob!